Date: Friday, March 29th, 2019
Event: Vankor 350k at Texas Motor Speedway
Format: 147 laps/220.5 miles
Race Winner: Kyle Busch
Vankor 350 Notes:
Cory Roper and the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150 team came to Texas with a Top 10 finish goal and narrowly missed the mark at a 12th place finish.
• During the practice sessions, the crew made several adjustments to the truck and just could not find the speed they were looking for which resulted in being 19th fastest of the 33 trucks on the track.
• Roper got loose during Qualifying, placing him in the 29th position to start the race.
• During Stage 1, Roper passed his way up to the top-20 before finishing the first stage of the race at p15. Unfortunately, during the pit stop between stages, a crew member came over the wall too soon which resulted in a penalty placing Roper back to the end of the line of trucks to start Stage 2.
• Sticking to his marks and passing his way towards the front, Roper ended Stage 2 p20.
• Roper was determined to not let the pit penalty bring him down and made some of the best lap times of the race in the Final Stage to bring home a 12th place finish.
• Kyle Busch scored the win at the Vankor 350. Stewart Friesen, Johnny Sauter, Grant Enfinger, and Matt Crafton completed the top five.