Friday, July 24th,7:00 PM ET/Saturday, July 25th, 1:30 PM ET on FS1 and MRN
Truck: No. 04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150 for Roper Racing
Crew chief: Shane Whitbeck
Kansas Speedway Notes of Interest
- Cory Roper and the CarQuest Auto Parts #04 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Team are traveling to Kansas Speedway for the Kansas 200 Double Header. Both races will consist of 134 laps/200 miles. This season is Roper Racing’s 3rd year in the NASCAR truck series and will mark his 24th and 25th start in the truck series.
- This will be Roper’s first time to race at Kansas Speedway.
- Roper is currently 19th in driver points standings and 24th in owner points.
- Last Race: Last race at Texas Motor Speedway was with no practice and no qualifying. Roper drew his position based on points and started 30th in the pack. Roper had a fast truck from the beginning. After starting 30th, he had his work cut out for him. Roper was running in 7th position with 31 laps remaining but a pit penalty for uncontrolled tire sent him back to 20th with 13 laps remaining. Roper finished 17th in Texas.
- The Driver: Roper is no stranger to racing. He grew up watching his dad, Kenny Roper, compete. At the age of 14, Roper got his first racecar and started competing on a local and regional level at short tracks in Texas and Oklahoma, where he was Points and Track Champion. The Vernon, Texas, native now resides in Mont Belvieu, Texas with his wife, Cherie and daughters Megan and Britney.
- The Crew Chief: NASCAR veteran Shane Whitbeck serves as crew chief for the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150. The Sarasota, Florida, native previously worked at Brad Keselowski Racing for 10 years. Whitbeck relocated to Texas at the end of 2018 season as a full time Crew Chief for Roper Racing.
- The Trucks: At the conclusion of the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, Roper Racing purchased several Ford F-150s and a number of additional assets from the Brad Keselowski Racing stable to build Roper Racing Team.
- About CarQuest Auto Parts: Advance Auto Parts’ Carquest brand will be a primary sponsor within the Roper Racing organization. Additionally, Advance’s TechNet Professional Automotive Service and Advance Professional brands will be associate sponsors for RRT in 2020. TechNet is a group of elite, locally-owned and professionally operated shops with the benefits of a nationwide network, while Advance Professional is a leading aftermarket supplier that provides professional quality parts, service and solutions dedicated to professional shops.
Cory Roper, driver of the No. 04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150
What are your goals for the race?
“I want to keep our momentum going. We have had very fast trucks on the last few 1.5 mile tracks. We have had some mishaps that have taken some spots away but we are a young team and learning every time we go to the track. If we can put a solid face together, I know the finish will reflect our potential. I am blessed to be driving this CarQuest Ford F-150 and to be surrounded by a great team of people. We are ready for the double header at Kansas!”
Shane Whitbeck, crew chief of the No. 04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150
What are your goals for the race?
“Going into Kansas is almost back to normal for us at the CarQuest Rope Racing shop. We have two trucks ready and may only be needing one with us doing a double header. I really like how NASCAR has been doing the schedule and this is just something different for the truck series. The good thing is it gives us two days of racing so that is a lot of time to the truck handling good for Cory. I feel we should run top 15 in both races and I really can’t wait to get this weekend started.”