Date: Saturday, August 10th, 2019 Event: Corrigan Oil 200 at Michigan International Speedway Format: Format 200 miles/105 laps total Start/Finish: 15h/28th Race Winner: Austin Hil
Corrigan Oil 200 Notes
• Cory Roper and the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150 team traveled the long distance to Michigan International Speedway hoping to bring home another top 10 finish. This would be Roper’s 15th career start in the truck series and his first time to race at the Michigan 2-mile track.
• During the practice sessions, the crew made several adjustments to the truck and ended up 17th fastest.
• With just 1 qualifying lap for Michigan, Roper managed to qualify in the middle of the pack at p15.
• Roper fell back to 21st at the end of stage 1 but with five laps to go in stage 2, Roper had moved up the field to the 9th position.
• This being Roper’s first time at Michigan he was still learning the track and the best line to run for passing trucks.
• At the start of the final stage, Roper was in 12thp and was able to pass some trucks on the outside.
• With 47 laps remaining, Roper got loose coming out of turn 2 and hit the wall breaking a rear arm bar.
• Unfortunately, this was the end of the night for the #04 Ford F-150 truck, placing him in 28thposition.
• Roper planned to run a full-time season for the 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, but due to lack of sponsorship and being self-funded, he had to scale back to a part-time schedule.
• Next race for Cory Roper will be at Bristol Motor Speedway.
• Austin Hill scored the win at the Corrigan 200. Sheldon Creed, Tyler Dippel, Brett Moffitt, and Austin Wayne Self rounded out the top 5.