Date: February 21st,2020
Event: Strat 200
Location: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series
Format: 3 Stages 30/30/74 laps
Race Winner: Kyle Busch
Strat 200 Notes
- Cory Roper and the Roper Racing No. 04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150 team came to Vegas Motor Speedway ready to compete. Being one of Roper’s favorite race tracks in the series, the team came in with confidence to finish in the top 10.
- Roper started out with a penalty from the last race at Daytona which costs him a loss of 15 minutes of practice time from the beginning. Unfortunately, the team did not have much of practice time due to engine failure during practice.
- Roper qualified in the 19th position but had to move to the back of the pack due to the engine change during practice.
- Having some catching up to do, Roper ran as high as 14th in stage 2. ‘
- Starting the final stage, Roper radioed in that he was losing power and his battery voltage was low.
- Roper starting dropping to the back of the pack and had to pit to change batteries. This put Roper 6 laps down and resulted in a 26th place finish.
- Kyle Busch scored the win in the Strat 200. Johnny Sauter, Austin Hill, Matt Crafton, and Ben Rhodes completed the top five.
- Next race Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Georgia 200, Saturday, March 14th, 1:30PM ET
- Cory Roper is currently 19th in Driver Points and 23rd in Owner Points.