Date: August 7th, 2020
Event: Henry Ford Health System 200
Format: 3 stages/ 107 laps Overtime
Race Winner: Zane Smith
Michigan International Speedway Notes:
Cory Roper and the Roper Racing Team #04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150 started 28th after drawing for track position based on points.
- This was Ropers second time at Michigan International Speedway. Again, this race was with no practice, qualifying, or spectators.
- This was the first race for the truck series to have lane choice before the start and restarts.
- Last Race in Kansas, Roper started in the 20th position and ended stage 1 p24 stating that the truck was “tight coming out”. After adjustments during the end of stage pit, he gained some positions and started stage 2 p20. Roper was in the 18th position on the start of stage 3 but after a caution, Roper came into pit but came out starting p25.
On lap 78 on the restart, Roper got caught up behind a spinning truck and hit the safety barrier wall between turns 3 and 4.
Roper was taken to the infield care center where he was later released.
- Roper luckily avoided 3 wrecks that were in front of him during the race. Roper was sitting p15 at the end of Stage 1, 23rd at the end of stage 2 and wheeled his way back to p15 after a great restart. Roper made contact with Tyler Hill which caused a tire rub and flat on lap 101 overtime. Roper ran as high as 11th and finished 23rd due to pitting for tire change.
- This event marked Roper’s 26th start in the truck series.
- Cory Roper and the Roper Racing Team is primarily sponsored by CarQuest Auto Parts.
- Zane Smith was the race winner for the Henry Ford Health System 200. Christian Eckes, Tanner Gray, Tyler Ankrum, and Todd Gilliland completed the top five.