Truck: No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150 for Roper Racing
Crew chief: Shane Whitbeck
Strat 200 Notes of Interest
• Owner and Driver, Cory Roper, and the #04 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Team are headed to Vegas Motor Speedway for the Strat 200 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, Friday, March 1st, 2019. This will be Roper’s second start at Las Vegas in the truck series.
• Cory and his wife Cherie, Honeymooned in Vegas 22 years ago this year. • Last Race: At Atlanta Speedway, Roper was the 13th fastest in practice and felt like a top 10 position was within his reach. But qualifying was rained out, therefore Roper had to start in the 26th position because of last season points which was a
• The Team: Roper Racing headquarters are located on the outskirts of Houston, Texas in Mont Belvieu. Roper Racing fields the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150 and 2019 season marks the team’s second year into competing in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series. The team plans to run a full season for 2019 and Roper is in contention for Sunoco Rookie of the Year. As of now, the team is self-funded by Roper who is actively seeking sponsorship to continue to build this new and upcoming successful race team. Currently the team is comprised of family members and friends that work all hours of the night in addition to their day jobs.
• The Driver: Cory Roper is currently in contention for Sunoco’s Rookie of the Year for the 2019 NGOTS season. Roper is no stranger to racing. He grew up watching his dad, Kenny Roper, compete at local tracks. At the age of 14, Roper got his first racecar and started competing on a local and regional level at short tracks in Wichita Falls, Texas and Altus, Oklahoma, where he was Points and Track Champion at both tracks. The Vernon, Texas, native now resides in Mont Belvieu, Texas with his wife, Cherie and daughters Megan and Britney.
• The Crew Chief: NASCAR veteran Shane Whitbeck serves as crew chief for the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150. The Sarasota, Florida, native previously worked at Brad Keselowski Racing for 10 years. Whitbeck relocated to Texas at the end of 2018 season as a
• The Trucks: At the conclusion of the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, Roper Racing purchased several Ford F-150s and a number of additional assets from the Brad Keselowski Racing stable to build Roper Racing Team. • About Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc.: Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. is a global industrial construction, fabrication and maintenance company, headquartered in Baytown, Texas. The company executes turnkey construction projects from scope development, safety management, project controls, project management, procurement, staffing, fabrication