Date: Saturday, June 6th
Event: Atlanta Motor Speedway VET TIX CAMPING WORLD 200
Format: 136 laps/3 stages No Practice, Qualifying, or Spectators
Race Winner: Grant Enfinger
Vet Tix Camping World 200 Results
Atlanta 200 Notes:
- Cory Roper and the Roper Racing Team are sponsored by CarQuest Auto Parts of Advance Auto Professionals and TechNet Professionals for the 2020 NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series
- Cory Roper and the Roper Racing Team #04 CarQuest Auto Parts Ford F-150 came to Atlanta Motor Speedway with confidence after running as high as 11th at Charlotte with a disappointing finish of 32nd due to mechanical error.
- This event marked Roper’s second time to race at Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Texas based race team and 20th career start for NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series.
- High Temperatures in Altanta- the hottest high ever for a Truck race in Atlanta
- During the 1st pit stop Roper missed the pit box and received a penalty which costs the team some spots on the track.
- Roper was working his way back up the pack but received another penalty, speeding on pit road.
- During the 3rd pit stop, Roper missed a shift which resulted in transmission problems causing a bad vibration in the truck. Resulting in Roper having to hold the shifter in 4th gear the remainder of the race.
- Even with the penalties and transmission problems, Roper managed to finish 23rd in Atlanta
- Next race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, June 13th.
- Roper is currently 20th in driver points and 25th in owner points in the truck series
- Grant Enfinger took the win at the Atlanta 200. Austin Hill, Christian Eckes, Todd Gilliland, and Zane Smith completed the top five.