Date: February 23rd, 2019
Event: Atlanta Motor Speedway Ultimate Tailgating 200
Format: 130 laps/200.02 miles
Race Winner: Kyle Busch
Atlanta 200 Notes:
• Cory Roper and the Roper Racing Team #04 Ford F-150 came to Atlanta Motor Speedway with confidence after running up to 2nd position in Daytona last week.
• Practice at Atlanta Motor Speedway concluded in having the 13th fastest truck of the 33 trucks that showed.
• This event marks Roper’s first time to race at Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Texas-based race team and 8th career start for NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
• Rain delays with 9 laps remaining, the field was then red flagged. Roper’s windshield was covered with mud from an earlier incident on the front stretch when another truck plowed through the front stretch grass. Luckily, a crew member was allowed to clean the windshield during the rain delay.
• The Green flag was thrown with 9 laps remaining at p19, Roper managed to
• Roper is currently in the running for Sunoco’s Rookie Contender of the Year for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.