Saturday, March 14th 1:30 PM ET
Truck: No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150 for Roper Racing
Crew chief: Shane Whitbeck
Atlanta 200 Notes of Interest
- Cory Roper and the #04 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Team are headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Vet Tix Camping World 200 from their headquarters in South Texas. This season is Roper Racing’s 3rd year in the NASCAR truck series season and Roper’s second attempt at this 1.5-mile track.
- Last Race: Last race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway was not a lucky one for the Roper Racing Team. Qualified 19th but had to start in the back due to engine change during practice. With 44 laps remaining, the alternator went out and Roper was forced to pit which caused him to be 6 laps down with a 26th position finish.
- The Team: Roper Racing headquarters are located on the outskirts of Houston, Texas in Mont Belvieu.Roper Racing fields the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors Ford F-150. The team picked up two major sponsors this season and plans to run a full season for 2020.
- The Driver: Roper is no stranger to racing. He grew up watching his dad, Kenny Roper, compete. At the age of 14, Roper got his first racecar and started competing on a local and regional level at short tracks in Texas and Oklahoma, where he was Points and Track Champion. The Vernon, Texas, native now resides in Mont Belvieu, Texas with his wife, Cherie and daughters Megan and Britney.
- The Crew Chief: NASCAR veteran Shane Whitbeck serves as crew chief for the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150. The Sarasota, Florida, native previously worked at Brad Keselowski Racing for 10 years. Whitbeck relocated to Texas at the end of 2018 season as a full time Crew Chief for Roper Racing.
- The Trucks: At the conclusion of the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, Roper Racing purchased several Ford F-150s and a number of additional assets from the Brad Keselowski Racing stable to build Roper Racing Team.
- About Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc.: Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. is a global industrial construction, fabrication and maintenance company, headquartered in Baytown, Texas. The company executes turnkey construction projects from scope development, safety management, project controls, project management, procurement, staffing, fabrication and construction. Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. serves the power, chemical processing and refining industries.
Cory Roper, driver of the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150
What are your goals for the race?
“Following a tough race for us in Las Vegas, we need some better luck in Atlanta. We finished 16th the last time we were at this track so I am hoping to do even better with a top ten finish. Shane Whitbeck and the crew have been working hard on the Preferred Industrial Contractors Ford F150 truck so we are going into Atlanta with our heads up and ready to go fast.”
Shane Whitbeck, crew chief of the No. 04 Preferred Industrial Contractors, Inc. Ford F-150
What are your goals for the race at Atlanta Speedway?
“Atlanta is one of my favorite race tracks. I would like to qualify the Preferred Industrial Contractors Ford F-150 in the top 10. I think with all the cup guys running in this race and how high the level of competition will be in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, that will be a good start to our race. In the race, I hope to give Cory options to be able to run the top or the bottom so he will be able to pass and stay in the top 15 all day. I really like to get our first top 10 of the year. I feel as a team we are capable of doing that.”